Friday, October 8, 2010

First Day of Kindergarden

In the morning waiting for the bus.

Her first day getting off the bus....I was so excited to see her.  Almost like she had been gone for like a week! Her bus driver is Miss Lorella..and JJ LOVES her so much!  Lorella calls her, her little cutie petuttie.

Brecken really missed her all day..So while we where waiting for her he kept saying "Oh Bus!"  He was really distraught about the whole situation.


Blue eyes..she just hung out in the stroller...my sweet girl.
My friend sent this poem on JJ's first day and it really sums it up!

My sister is five
It's her first day of school.
We wait for the bus,
and everything's cool.

Then the tears!
Gushing tears!
Loud whimpering
and sobs!
Gushy things pour form the nose
(gobs and gobs)!

I did my best to calm her
and help her to stay calm.
I said, "She'll be back this afternoon!
So please stop crying Mom!"

author unknown

I really didn't think it would be that hard to put my baby on a bus to school...but then as we were waiting all of these thoughts and fears overwhelmed me!  Thoughts like what if there is a fire, natural disaster, what if some one steals her...  I have lost a sense of control..I can't be there to help her if kids are mean...What if they make fun of her...I have to put my trust in the Lord to protect her from here because I can't very well go to school with her.  (Although I did contemplate it!)

She came home from school alive..no harm done..and was even excited to go the next day!   The first few weeks were really hard though because whenever she would get home it was a crying fest until she went to bed just because she was so tired from being at school all day.


Oh and I did actually follow the bus to school..just to make sure she got off ok!  And I may have wrote in permanent marker what bus number was hers..just so she got only on that bus...ok so what I am a freak!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Love it! I would have followed her to school as well. For at least a week! Chloe is still having a hard time adjusting to all day 1st grade. By the end of the week she is so tired and emotional it drive me crazy!