Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Going to See the Temple

We spent one morning just walking around the Temple grounds.  I can't remember were I heard this, but the more times you let your kids experience the temple grounds and the importance of it, the more likely that going to the temple will be one of their future goals.  It, like every other Temple I have seen is exquisite its beauty is in describable to me.  What Joseph Smith and the other early settlers endured to build the first Temple that sat here just completely builds my testimony of the truth of the church.  Why would you chose to go through so many trials if what he had seen in his first vision wasn't true? You wouldn't. Why is it so hard to believe in a living prophet?  It's not!  The bible had living Prophets.  I just can't image being a pioneer and enduring the hardships of leaving everything you own, and being driven out by mobs...It is just so much emotion to take in.  I am so grateful for each opportunity we get to go to the Temple and how the spirit can strengthen me so much, not just me anyone with an open heart!  I am especially grateful for the blessing that come from temple work, like having the chance to be an eternal family.

Our Eternal Family






 My attempt at a picture with my three kids...
 These two are so funny together..A is a year and a half older and they just love to run off and do their own thing together.
 Bryn's ready open up..

 The Z Eternal Family
 The kids and boys were more interested in catching all the butterflies that were around.
 Two Peas in a Pod
 I love this picture of Mark holding Jaylee's hand as the walk onto the grounds...What is said is that before we know it she will be all grown up!
 The 3 musketeers....or naughty teers...Oh boy can these three cause some trouble, what amazes me is that Bryn has no trouble keeping up with them.
 Can you feel the love???
This is the view from the Temple is sits way on the top of a hill overlooking the Mississippi into Iowa.

No comments: