Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pioneer Games

A beautiful Midwest sunset...honestly when I moved away from here I was so excited to get away from all the corn, I hated Iowa....but now I have such a great appreciation for it here!  I love it so much and have loved being back here and giving my kids memories where I grew up!

 A little hand cart pulling..seriously the pioneers pushed these through snow, rain, tall grass...can you imagine walking from Iowa City all the way to Salt Lake?  WOW.

 Jj was soaking up some special time with L
 MJ was soooo excited to come..he remembered from last year it was so cute.  He ran in front of us and said come on guys.
 The older girls loved the sack races..little miss Jaylee was so stinking fast too!  She won a ton of the races.
 I love these two together..A is so nurturing and loving with her its so cute.

 The kids made sock puppets and participated in a little show.

 A little more stilt fun..why these are so fun I am not sure..but they ARE.  The pioneers really had some fun pastimes..
 JJ was made because she wanted the little stilts...:(

No comments: