Saturday, March 14, 2009

WOW

So the whole medical school thing..is really crazy! I just want to warn anyone who is thinking about becoming a DR it takes a lot A LOT of patience just to try to make it through school! First it's the whole adjusting to the new lifestyle then its the being gone like 18 hours of the day at school/studying (Especially my hubby & it paid off he is 5th in his class) Then the 2nd and 3rd year are great then fourth year sneaks up on ya and Mark has been gone for like 5months traveling and looking at residency programs that he likes, then he has to travel back out to interview and then wait pretty much two months to find out where he is going! And so it is IOWA, many of you are probably wondering why IOWA well that is were I am from and a huge portion of my family is still there, he initially went there mainly for convenience and ended up LOVING it he loves the other residents and the director. So it became one of his top picks and he got it! I can't believe that only have two more months here. I LOVE phoenix I have WONDERFUL friends, a BEAUTIFUL little house and I just love it here! I guess that it is time to pick up and start a new adventure! I am just so glad that Mark got a program that is so family oriented and one that he really wanted to be at. Good Luck to all of the future students at Midwestern! I am grateful to all of you who have made Phoenix such a fun place to be!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Congrats to your husband! That will be awesome to be closer to your family. I know you will be missed so much!! Good thing we have our blogs. Love ya and good luck!!

The Jones' said...

Congratulations! How fun to be so close to family! You are a great supportive wife! And by the way your kids are so freakin cute! I hope when Jerzie finally gets some hair it'll stay Brecken's color. I LOVE it!! Good luck you guys!

Susan said...

So exciting! Congratulations! That will be awesome to be close to your family. We find out where we match on Thursday - only 5 more days! eeek!

Jonna said...

You are not allowed to leave! Those of us who don't have family down here HAVE to stick together! I don't remember you asking anyone's permission that you could go back to Iowa...