Monday, August 13, 2012

Saying Goodbye







 I am sure that my neighbor doesn't miss having to clean her window every 5 minutes!






This is difficult for me to even look at, let alone write about.  Lets start with the beginning,  a few days after moving in we were all outside because that's the only place my kids like to be, and our neighbors introduced themselves.  Chuck says well you kids can just call me papa. "ok" I thought .  Then a few days after that this cute recently graduated from high school girl shows up with a huge plate of cookies, it was their Granddaughter that lived with them. Her and I quickly became really close.  She came over and helped babysit all the time, if I needed to run an errand or whatever.  That summer she pretty much lived at our house, and me and the kids both loved it! It only took a few visits and my kids where calling Connie..Grandma Connie and calling Chuck Papa.  By the end of the 3 years we were at their house on a daily basis.  The kids got up in the morning and immediately went over in the pjs and got gum (it was just their thing) On the first days of school Connie and Chuck were there waving off JJ.  When I was 9 months pregnant and snowed in because Mark left so early that by the time I woke up there was like another5 inches...Chuck would plow me out..everyday!  It wasn't just all the acts of kindness that they gave me that made them so special, it was that they loved us and we love them so much.  Connie helped me become a better mother and learn  that "it is what it is!" say it with me "it is what it is" They will forever hold a very special place in my heart!

Now on to Torie...where do I begin.  Well she was a fun friend because she didn't have kids.  SO she could come over whenever and it was awesome.  Whether it was our afternoon hangouts jamming out to music dancing with the kids to sitting with me outside having adult conversation while watching the kids.. Or late night girl tiem while mark was gone she helped fill the void I had felt bc Mark wasn't home. I know she was only 18, but she was an old 18. We loved clothes, makeup, food, movies pretty much all the same things!  She became my sister and the day she left for college I cried!  She has such a strong bond to all of my kids it was amazing. I love her and her future husband so much they were both so supportive and loving it  was wonderful.  I will never be able to express how thankful I am that god sent them to be apart of my life because they are now a huge part of mine and my kids life.  Oh I am so thankful for facetime!  We miss you Torie!!!!

No comments: