Friday, October 17, 2008

Week Two...Daytona Beach


So the second week that we were at my dad's we stayed at a condo in Daytona for about a week. The days were spent body boarding and more body boarding mixed with some sand castle making and the nights were filled with movies and warm showers!! There are to living rooms so it was great the kids could watch whatever they wanted(within reason) and we could watch whatever we wanted!! It was amazing the condo is on a private beach so we were usually alone and we were on the first floor! It was really really fun...if you are like me and refuse to completely grow up and still like to act like a kid. Thanks Melanie for the amazing hook up!!!!

This beautiful picture is the view from my bedroom!! AHHH...a little bit of heaven on earth.



If Brecken could talk I know exactly what he would say..."Hand over the pudding lady!"


Hello SPIKES


Umm, I think Brecken didn't love the beach to hot and sandy, he wasn't sure what to think about the sand other than he hated it! Thank heavens for beach sheets



What a beautiful way to end a day.












My little man...


During that week stay there was a lot of body boarding...and a lot of board rash too, I had board rash for a week after we left, Mark was smart and wore a shirt most of the time so he didn't get it so bad.



These were great body boarding waves big enough with a lot of current or umph to make you fly

Look at those waves...that is my dad out there and he is 5"11 the waves go up to his shoulders...great body boarding waves!!!!





My little brick man...(that is his nickname, not sure why but it is)


You can't tell that she's having fun can you????

MORE Lounging around...


"Here dolphin, dolphin, dolphin!" Much to Jaylee's disappointment her dolphin call didn't work quite as good as expected. Every morning around 7:30 we would watch a little pod of dolphins swim by, it was such a peaceful feeling to wake up and have breakfast pretty much on the beach and hear the waves crashing in onto the sand and then look out and watch the three dolphins swim by honestly I am sure not much beats that! ( in my book at least)


Watch out crazy lifeguard on duty!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, total redhead now!! I didn't notice that in the last pictures! So freakin' cute.
Bridget