Monday, September 26, 2011

Little Birdie

The kids came in the house and said look mom we found a bird.  I was like sure ok, well they sure did!  I did a bit of research online and the whole you can't touch a bird or the mother won't take it back is a myth.  I also called some animal rescue place out in California and they verified that... I also learned that some birds eat meat and some eat more grain type food, so when you save an animal make sure you know what it is so you can feed it the right food.  We tried leaving it outside to see if a mother would come to it, never happened.  It just kept ending up in the street.  So we "saved" it.  We put it in a box and tried feeding it different foods..The kids loved it, it was a lot of work to try to take care of it. By the end of day two it died.  The kids gave it a proper burial in the front yard and even made a headstone for it.  I am betting it would have died either in my house or outside either way.   We tried, nature took it's course.  Jaylee lost her mind when he died she balled forever, it was a good moment to explain life to her a little. RIP Little Birdie

No comments: